Basic Electronics for Physical Security Professionals
In Momentum Security Training’s Basic Electronics course students will learn the fundamentals of electronics.
In this course, you’ll learn
- Ohms Law, voltage, current, and resistance
- Basic electrical components
- How to calculate power supply needs
- Better understanding around electricity, safety, and tools
We highly recommend this course before starting the fundamental courses. This course will lay the groundwork for some terminology in our fundamentals courses.
Who the course is for
This class is for anyone who will be working to design or install physical security systems:
- Technicians and installers
- System Engineers
- System Design Techs
- End users
- Other ancillary service professionals (architects, building engineers, electricians, etc.
- Ohms Law
- Basic Components
- Bonding & Grounding
- Calculating Power Needs
- Hazards and Safe Practice
A security professional with over 22 years experience in the US security market, from mid-market through enterprise. His experience ranges from senior technician, project manager, and system design engineer/solutions architect.He is an active CSPM (Certified Security Project Manager) and industry expert for system design and best practices/techniques. He is also an instructor for the CSPM Course with SIA.
Connect on LinkedIn