Fundamentals of Access Control
Momentum Security Training’s Fundamentals of Access Control course is designed to teach students the basics of access control.
In this course, you’ll learn
- What access control is and how it works
- Industry-standard topology configurations
- How to handle different door situations, different locking types, cabling types, and best practices
- Standard industry credentials, components, equipment for access control systems
- Safety and code regulations
Who the course is for
This class is for anyone works within the access control industry and wants a better technical knowledge of access control:
- Technicians and installers
- System Engineers
- System Design Techs
- End users
- Other ancillary service professionals (architects, building engineers, electricians, etc.
- Code References
- Door and Locking hardware
- Peripheral devices
- Readers and credentials
- Controllers and power supplies
A security professional with over 22 years experience in the US security market, from mid-market through enterprise. His experience ranges from senior technician, project manager, and system design engineer/solutions architect.He is an active CSPM (Certified Security Project Manager) and industry expert for system design and best practices/techniques. He is also an instructor for the CSPM Course with SIA.
Connect on LinkedIn